5 Ways to Expedite Your CDPAP Enrollment
Please Note: Edison Home Health Care is a Fiscal Intermediary for CDPAP. We do not administer the program. We can help you navigate, but application and enrollment for CDPAP must go through your Local Department of Social Services or Medicaid plan.
Click the button below to download a 1 page outline explaining the 3 basic parts of enrolling in CDPAP.
Want to learn if you qualify for CDPAP? Click the button below to get instant feedback on your eligibility!
So you want to enroll in CDPAP? Here are 5 things you can do to help your enrollment go smoothly and quickly:
1. Know Your Situation – Depending on your situation, there will be different steps that you must go through to enroll in CDPAP. For example, if you are already receiving home care with a Medicaid plan, you will likely have less steps to go through than someone that has not yet enrolled in a Medicaid plan. A CDPAP specialist here at Edison Home Health can explain the steps you will need to go through to enroll in CDPAP.
2. Good Communication – It may sound basic, but good open communication can play a huge role in you getting enrolled in CDPAP faster and without hitches. Lack of communication can result in missed opportunities to complete your enrollment quickly and efficiently.
3. Get Involved – There is paperwork that needs to be completed by the consumer, personal assistant, and the consumer’s doctor for many CDPAP cases. Be helpful in gathering that paperwork.
4. Understand Deadlines – If you will be enrolling in a Medicaid plan as part of your enrollment, understand the deadlines for enrolling in the plan for the coming month. Communicate with the plan you will be enrolling in about the deadlines for evaluations and paperwork that need to completed for the coming month. Confused? A CDPAP specialist here at Edison Home Health can explain the details of any potential deadlines that may affect your situation.
5. Choose a Fiscal Intermediary (FI) – Part of the enrollment process requires that you choose a Fiscal Intermediary to manage the payroll for your personal assistant(s). Edison Home Health Care is NY State Certified Fiscal Intermediary and has dedicated staff to help you with every step of the CDPAP process – both during your enrollment and once you begin services. Your case is our priority and we would be honored if you choose us.
Thank you for your interest in our services. We would love to help you get started. So, if you are interested taking control of your home care and hiring a family member or friend who will get paid to care for you, please call us at 718-831-2900.