What are the requirements to become a caregiver under CDPAP?
The following is a list of the required documentation for your CDPAP caregiver (also known as a personal assistant) at our agency:
- UNEXPIRED picture ID such as NYS ID, Driver’s License, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization Card. You might need a second form of identification. We only take original IDs; copies will not be accepted.
- Social Security Card
- Pre-employment Physical (Please see Form below) – No later than 6 months of application date
- Rubella Lab Report – The results must show Immune or high (Lab Report). If results in the lab report are low, proof of 1 vaccine must have date of administration and name and license # of the person who administered the vaccine.
- Rubeola (Measles) Lab Report – The results must show Immune or high (Lab Report). If results in the lab report are low, proof of 2 vaccines must have date of administration and name and license # of the person who administered the vaccines.
- Two step TST (PPD) or IGRA QuantiFERON within previous 12 months and TB Risk Assessment. *For Positive PPD: You MUST have a CHEST X-RAY Report (NOT a Doctor’s note) which contains the Doctor’s signature and license #.
People Not Allowed to be Caregivers
While you can choose most people to be your caregiver under CDPAP, there are some exceptions. The following is a list of people that are not allowed be caregivers under CDPAP:
- Spouses are not allowed be each other’s caregiver
- The Consumer’s Health Care Proxy may not be their caregiver
- For Consumers that are under 21, their parent may not be their caregiver
Get an Instant Pay Quote
Looking into CDPAP? Please complete this form and we will send you an instant quote on what your caregiver can get paid: